my twin, the sun, and a book
I was just reading over my twin's blog and discovered a link from there to here! Oh heavens. I've only just begun this art of blogging and there are links?! I suppose I'm loved.
I took down a wall on my cubicle to expose the empty cubicle next to me, as well as its neighboring sunlight. I like sunlight. Dark, cramped cubes drive me crazy! And since I couldn't take the empty sunlit cube for my own, I chose to remove the barrier between me and there. Now I have more space. Not sure how the feng-shui plays into it all. Can't be great to have my back to all that space. Bummer I can't live in a perfect world.
When God Says Jump , by JR Briggs. Release party tonight at The Glen. I'm pretty excited for the book, in the sense that I'm excited to be inspired to take more risks. And since JR's pretty cool, I know the book will be pretty cool.
JR's recent blog thoughts initially seem to be in contrast to what the book's about...
"We have a cerebral undertanding that prayer is important and yet we fail to participate in it often. We know that grace is necessary and yet oftentimes we fail to receive it when it is extended to us. In prayer we 'don’t do anything' – it’s a place of submission and waiting, not about going out and doing something ‘productive.’ Grace takes away the opportunity for us to “do anything” to earn our salvation – it’s a place of submission and receiving. We cannot pay God back for what he has done for us. In prayer one must be desperate, humble and dependent – it’s not up to us. To receive grace, one must be desperate, humble and dependent and realize that it is not up to us at all. No wonder it is in prayer that we receive grace."
So then in contrast to not doing anything, we're called to risk much more? It should be a terribly fascinating dichotomy to unravel.
No comments:
Post a Comment