new favorites

Friend-of-a-friend-local-illustrator Luke Flowers. I like his stuff. Check out his website. Perhaps someday I will work somewhere where I can use him on a project. 'Till then, it's a reminder that I need to help connect local designers. I'm thinking: one evening a month, we could gather at Jack Quinn's? Perhaps the AIGA Denver folks will call it an event?
While we're (kindof) on the subject. Jeremy Cowart is one of my favorite photographers. If you've seen the latest RELEVANT cover (Leigh Nash), you've seen his work. He's great with portraits—the lighting & styling are always extraordinary.
luke flowers also did work for Brad Corrigan, aka Brad from Dispatch. You should get hooked into that, they're always looking for new designers, and Brad's project "The Relief Project" got some work with Scott Hancock, who started Relevant... it's all full circle now. Scott's also got "The Glue Project" which is pretty amazing too, though he's in Southern California.
ReplyDeletePLUS there's Laura Driscoll, Brad's former manager, who's started a consulting group for NFPs: http://amalipr.com/
i think that's as far as i can take that string of contacts - call me soon!!