Sunday, April 2, 2006

reading list

I've decided to formalize a list of BOOKS I need/want to read. It may or may not get updated and revised periodically...

Should I Do What I Love?: Or Do What I Do—So I Can Do What I Love on the Side?
by Katy McColl

Chip Kidd: Book One: Work: 1986–2006
by Chip Kidd
(Mr Kidd was a speaker at my first Design Camp in 2002.)
(Chip also wrote The Cheese Monkeys, a novel. It's pretty good. On the inside cover he signed, with "Say Cheese!")

All Access: The Making of Thirty Extraordinary Graphic Designers
By Stefan G Bucher
(I was inches away from snagging a signed copy last October at Design camp!)

The Elements of Style Illustrated
by William Strunk Jr, EB White, Maira Kalman

The Best American Magazine Writing, 2005 (or should I go for 2004?)
(Best American Magazine Writing)
by American Society of Magazine Editors

How to be a Graphic Designer Without Losing Your Soul
by Adrian Shaughnessy

God's Politics: Why the Right Gets It Wrong and the Left Doesn't Get It
by Jim Wallis

The Case For Democracy: The Power of Freedom to Overcome Tyranny and Terror
by Natan Sharansky, Ron Dermer, Anatoly Shcharansky
(Dad reccomends & I like the cover)

The Book: A History of the Bible
by Christopher De Hame

Velvet Elvis
by Rob Bell
(Love the cover. Read the intro at a bookstore. Hear many great things about it.)

Mere Christianity
by CS Lewis
(I've never actually read the whole thing!)

Pride & Prejudice
by Jane Austen
(Because, according to my roomie: Every girl needs a copy of P&P)

Books I've started and really need to finish:

Through Painted Deserts
by Donald Miller

(re)Understanding Prayer
by Kyle Lake

Don't Waste Your Life
by John Piper

The Naked Christian
by Craig Borlase

When God Says Jump
by JR Briggs

The Coffeehouse Gospel
by Matthew Paul Turner

Creative Authenticity
by Ian Roberts

Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking
by Malcolm Gladwell

No comments:

Post a Comment