Saturday, July 15, 2006

I'm here. Safely.

Safe trip. That's a relief. Not that I was worried. But there were many opportunities for something to break, for something not to work. For something crazy to happen. And it all went just fine and I found my new place just fine. I spent some time in Benton, IL, which is a fun little town. With a town square. And stories of hauntings and Thomas Hart Benton and the rest of the Hart family. The stables. The antique stores. The county courthouse. I grabbed a subway sandwich on my way out of town. I also stopped in "South Georgia" at a Starbucks where a lady complained that her Cappuccino consisted of half foam. There was a gas station in GA that let me watch CNN on the little screen while I was pumping my gas. Isn't that weird? The WalMart by my new/temporary place is green. Yes, green. And it's basically just a grocery store. Apparently the "real" WalMart is up the road a bit. But I'll pass Target on my way? Who needs WalMart when Target is on the way? I haven't seen any self-check-outs yet. I've unpacked into my temporary space here. I'm sleeping in a queen sleigh bed. Mmmm. Such a comfortable bed! [or was that three days of driving talking?] Semi-messy roommates, but I'll get over that. It's only for a couple weeks anyway. There are toll roads here. I'll need to figure out how to best navigate them. Strategically, I'm sure... perhaps I'll have new friends to tell you about soon? Also need to find: a part time job and a place to live for the rest of my stay. For now I'm still tired and mildly numb from the trip. Glad I have a couple days this weekend to get settled a little bit. Maybe I'll go to the pool tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment