Sunday, September 17, 2006

[insert Narcissism here]

ugh. I keep forgetting to blog. I'm filling my time with lots of things. Lots of stuff. Lots of good stuff. and lots of not-so-needed stuff. I go through these cycles where I'm super busy and figure it out and tone things down, take more breaks, and such. and then I get all wrapped up in it again. So I'm at the point in it all at the moment where I think I am too busy. I need a rest. but then someone calls or I think of something I want to/ have to/ need to do and it all gets shot.

I'm currently at my friend KristenB's home. because my wireless internet is not working and hers is. I am so dependent on the internet. Oh, and our AC is having trouble AGAIN. Another good reason to not be at my home right now. A week ago it was 90 degrees at our place. It was awful. But we all know the Sun Villa house is a hot house for more than one reason. right?

I've been considering lately bits and pieces of what could be a movie of my life. Or at least my life in Orlando for the past dozen weeks or so. Driving here for 3 days by myself, getting here, making friends, being loved by communities of people, having fun, expectations changed, situations complicated, etc. And I decided that a few things that would have to be included in my movie would be...

1. Jess calling *shotgun* to anything. Particularly in relation to someone of the male gender.

2. A table full of random people eating at Lazy Moon at 2am after a concert discussing kosher diets and canoeing.

3. Unnecessary boy drama that causes: a) maturity b) immaturity c) the defining of boys, guys, and men.

4. Playing dress-up at Crystal's, planning our outfits for the Mermaid/Mermen party for Miss My-Birthday-is-on-Monday.

5. Jess and Adam and Alicia in aprons, in the kitchen, cooking.

6. Driving half a tank of gas (exaggeration) to visit an out of town friend who is in town for work, courtesy of a 14 year old's record company.


7. And finally, the laguna beach style backyard where I'm walking around talking on my phone while my FSU friends are inside watching the FSU game and I have one of those difficult "I'm sorry I forgot to call you back when you needed to talk to me" conversations. I'm such a jerk.

ps. How could I turn this down?! $5 American Apparel shirt in a pizza box.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pic of you and Martha ;-)
    Funny. I misread 1. to say "Jesus calling *shotgun.*

    ReplyDelete