Saturday, September 23, 2006

prospects

I have some job prospects! I have an interview in Boulder when I get back. And along the way I'll stop in IA for a bit. Becca has a freelance tip and I might even stop to work with her for a day or two to see how I like it/ how they like me, etc. It's freelance (near full time, but no benefits) and could lead to full time. And I'm excited for experience. Prayers and thoughts now revolve somewhat around... design firm vs. mag work, and new communities of friends vs. old friends and/or current friends, near family or not. Hmm. Oh, and the other week Sbx offered me a shift manager position in Orlando. Amusing.

ps. the interview in Boulder:: job listing asked for salary/experience/etc to be included with a cover letter/resume, link to portfolio samples, etc... and some fresh baked cookies. So I sent them a batch, with a polaroid of me baking them, apron and all. The gal called me within a few hours after I sent my stuff, and I called them back JUST as they were opening my box of cookies. Perfect timing. :)

1 comment:

  1. hi. i won't list the reasons why, but i know you know that i suck and we will talk soon. i think the cookies will get you the job. hands down.

    ReplyDelete