it keeps snowing
it just keeps snowing. and snowing. and shutting down major roads. closing starbucks early. opening late. we had a blizzard last week that shut things down for like 3 days:: just before christmas. I was glad I didn't have much shopping to do. well, except for the fact that it reminded me that I'm poor. relatively speaking of course. I applied for another magazine job. In Santa Fe. It would be awesome. But I may need to move somewhere else or to the Denverish area. who knows. I don't. Christmas was nice. the storm last week meant that four extra relatives from Cali couldn't get here for Christmas at all. eek! so my mom had an extra guest room and lots of extra food that I took advantage of this week. I love staying there. and sometimes it makes me want to move back in. but then I remember that I'm 25. not that 20-somes can't live with their parents. but it was time for me to move out two years ago. I learned the other day that my great aunt lived with her parents until she got married- in her mid-30s! granted, it was probably in the 1940's, very different world back then. and my grandma didn't drive until she was 30. She also hasn't spent christmas apart from her sister (one of the Cali folks who couldn't get here) since World War 2 when the Coast Guard separated them! wild, I tell you. Wild. This week my brothers and sister-in-law and I hung out with her family for a graduation fiesta: and the evening ended with a family feud of sorts with Scene-It, the sports edition. And Team Jackson won a few times. Yeah, we're awesome. We know. It's been good to hang out with family. On my birthday, we played endless games of Settlers of Catan. And mom made an italian cream cake. mmmmm. Santa brought an iPod, to replace my stolen one. And Emily gave me some awesome new towels. then we ate Thanksgiving dinner all over again, with yummy banana sweet potatoes and all. and I came home with loads of leftovers. mmm.
oooooh, yum--banana sweet potatoes sound so scrumptious and unexpected.
ReplyDelete