Monday, December 4, 2006

millions.

I have about a million ideas of what to do next in life. You know, move to a canadian national park to work for the summer, moving to chicago, moving back to des moines just to see what happens, relocating to denver, moving to california (my latest)... most of the dreams involve moving, interestingly enough.

And while I'm trying not to be too impatient now (I figure I'd be in CO for the holidays anyway, may as well live here through then)... I can't help but itch for whatever's next. Lattes are great. But I'd really rather be using my college degree(s) while paying for them. I signed up for facebook recently. And I love it. I'm finding so many old friends college friends etc. And I've had to account for my job position at the moment with a few people why are you working at Starbucks they ask. Because I want to I say. And then I say something about an internship and a job and looking and being here for now.

Being here for now is good though. I frequently have moments of I'm glad I'm here for now thoughts where I appreciate people or experiences or learning opportunities or scenery or family or friends or such. My bible study group is reading through a book on the Holy Spirit by Roc Bottomly, and our gathering last week was so good. I'm not even sure if I can accurately describe it. But it was very cool. The author and his wife came and lead us in a very interesting discussion. Most of us are from more traditional churches growing up and I think a lot of us are being more convicted lately by the ways the word and the spirit are both alive in our lives today. And I guess I haven't realized until now how often one or the other get ignored. Roc lead us through a time of listening to and responding to the holy spirit and shared a bit of how to discern our own ideas and thoughts from those from the spirit. So often we think oh, nah. those were just song lyrics I had in my head. or that's just a conversation I had with this person... when really perhaps the spirit's communicating an encouraging word or showing us how to respond to a friend's struggle. It's nights like that when I think yeah. I'm glad I'm here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment