10 things that start with "I"
1. I have to be at work at 4.15 tomorrow morning. Translation: I should be sleeping right now. But I'm awake. So I will blog because it's been a while.
2. I decided to kindof stop mentioning job opportunities in my blog because I get excited about them, start dreaming, and then hear nothing, or don't get it. Writing about them only perpetuates the hopes dreams and wonders, making the letdown at rejection even harder. So while I'm trying to be patient and enjoy being here now, I think it's best to wait for the job-talk until it's more realistic. He's been faithful before. Why won't I trust Him with this?
3. I'm still addicted to Facebook. If you're not my friend yet, you should be. It's great. I posted some pictures today (many are the same at my flickr page) from my time in Florida.
4. Speaking of Florida, I've been missing it some lately. Community. Roommates. Friends. Free trips to Disney. Going to shows. Church. Etc. (I do not, however, miss the insane size of the city, traffic, intense humidity, or working in the vault! haha)
5. I went to a concert last night with friends from here, which was fun. Especially considering I miss going to shows & such in Florida. It was two Christian artists (Chris Tomlin & Matt Redman) who've written a lot of songs that have spoken pretty strongly to me. And another guy spoke about the UNIVERSE and the enormity of God. It was a comfortable place for me to be in while hearing all this because I've taken several astronomy courses and enjoy that sort of thing. And some of it was familiar, but enough of it was new that it did take me to that place of really realizing God's enormity and power. So I suppose it was challenging from a comfortable perspective, like community and any other relationship should be, really. Comfortable enough to trust, but challenging enough for growth.
6. I'm thinking about moving to Denver. In the next couple months. Thinking. Thinking. Who knows. We shall see. One day I think "why wouldn't I?!" the next is "but what about somewhere else?" and still the next day is "but here is good right now..." And when I'm so unstable in my convictions about it, I'd rather not make a brash decision and just go. But even then I think "why not?!"
7. I still have yet to purchase the calendar mentioned in the previous post. eek!
8. I need ideas for personal design projects. To stay fresh. Any suggestions?
9. I've been traveling with Samantha Brown lately on her Passport to Europe show. Today we went to Holland! Yesterday we were in Italy. (A morning off means I get to travel.) And then sometimes I watch Crossing Jordan. It's like CSI with a touch more of emotion, following the characters in the show and their relationships with one another as well as with their cases.
10. Facebook kindof freaks me out sometimes. Perhaps I will write about this more in the future. Having updates from so many different people in my life all at once can be mildly overwhelming! Childhood friends mixed with college friends who I read about alongside CO friends or FL friends.... ahhhh! but still. It's an addiction I'm loving right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment