at the moment.
at the moment. I'm sitting at Panera. I've been here for almost 5 hours and I'm currently sitting at the third of three tables I'll sit at today. Table one was great. Table two provided a power outlet. And table three, post lunch-rush, is currently providing more space than table two did.
I'm working on a freelance job and while Panera and IM are distracting enough, trying to get design work done at home is worse. I think there are more distractions there. For instance this morning I spent two much needed hours cleaning my room and starting laundry... somewhat in avoidance of finishing this project. Here I can zone out, earphones in, hunched over my laptop. I really need to finish this. It's like a project for school and I've waited until the last moment. Only I'm getting paid. And I have several more days. But I'll let my client down if I don't finish it on time and done well, and someone else will have to clean up the graphical mess I've made if they don't like it. ugh.
Yesterday I met with the director of creative services for an Ad/PR place in town. She coordinates freelancers. It was great. I was confident and comfortable and they seem to be interested in giving me some freelance work. After looking through some of my christiany samples (with where I've worked and who else I freelance for... it's inevitable), she asks Do you have any problems with doing work for Casinos? I suppose some of their big clients are casinos. Should be gaudily awesome. Is gaudily a word? I think it might be. And since I won $3.50 in Vegas once, I have no qualms.
And then... just after my interview-meeting, Jill and Megan called! College friends from Denver and Iowa were just driving into town and wanted to meet for a chipotle-lunch before visiting another friend at the olympic training center. Too cool. I love those girls.
Ok. So I know I'm not always very deep in my writings here. Perhaps next time? Writing about the goings on of daily life is way easier than explaining how I'm learning about how God has set aside Israel to reach the gentiles, eschatology, the works of the holy spirit, or dreams & fears, and other such deeper things of life...
daily life is important. i'm excited that you're doing freelance work--that's so awesome. i want to see some of your casino pieces! i imagine they involve a lot of black, yellow, red, and vignetted photos of people holding up drinks or cash. yessss.
ReplyDelete