Tuesday, March 20, 2007

grande coffee, cream, two sugars

several of us girls at work have a crush on one of our regular customers. yeah. shocker. I know. so crazy manager Jeff finds out and decides he's going to give our numbers to grande coffee with cream and two sugars guy. I'm still not sure if he was serious.

[did you know the average starbucks customer visits 18 times/month?]

I'm tired. otherwise I'd share more...
...about our regulars Melodie and Jennifer and how incredibly encouraging and fun they are.
...about the gorgeous weather we had last week.
...about sitting in the sun and feeling like Florida.
...about how a year ago this month I applied for my internship.
...about what I'm learning at BSF/in Romans about unity, the body, gifts, encouraging, etc.
...about feeling like a college student today and learning about postmodernism with Courtney.
...about how we discussed the ways we saw postmodernism in healthy or not healthy ways at Status/Relevant/etc.
...about my staying or going and jobs. (wait. are we sick of that thought process yet?)
...about how I'm reading about Mormons.
...about friends-for-now types of friends who seem to just be in your life intensely for a moment or two before one of you moves away and it's good, but it's sad, and you keep in touch, but it can't be the same.

goodnight.

5 comments:

  1. 18 times a month? who can afford that? if i'm lucky i make it in 3 times a month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. one customer actually told me that she spends $6,000/year at starbucks! a lot of people have $5 drinks that they get at least once a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well... maybe she said 3,000?
    it was a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that is a ton of money! i'm excited because tonight i am going to starbucks for a coffee date with my dad, which means he pays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. when you work at starbucks you forget that it is expensive, because every drink is free! i'm going to go into shock when i quit and have to pay for my coffee. i also really enjoy our regulars. there is a team of four men in their fifties who sit at the window and drink tall coffees. i like them although they always confuse me with the other redhead at our store.

    ReplyDelete