shopping carts
my new office overlooks a Target parking lot. sometimes I see people I know. last week I saw my old boss and thought about calling him and then I decided that might be really weird.
today I witnessed a girl park her car in the far corner of the lot (just under my window), get out of her car, walk across the parking lot, into Target. she emerged later with a shopping bag, walked back across the half-empty parking lot, got into her car, and drove away. THEN she did it all again about half an hour later, only she was wearing a different outfit and parked in a slightly different spot. does noticing this make me a stalker? observant? bored?
i'm jealous that you can look out a window from your desk. but i think it would be too tempting to be that close to a Target. i'd be making too many trips to the one spot and shoe aisle...
ReplyDeleteupdate: shopper-girl came back again that day! that's three times, at least. AND she was carrying grocery bags from the store on the opposite end of the complex! we're talking a quarter mile here, people. anyway: once I saw her for the third time I couldn't help but tell my coworkers, and I think mike and I scared her when we opened the blinds to watch her and she saw us! oops.
ReplyDeletei think it makes you qualified for the FBI. people like you who notice all that stuff are rare!!!
ReplyDeleteActually, I think it makes you a writer! I know, I know; you're usually on the design side of things . . . but the best writers are very observant about the people (and quirkiness) around them, always imagining what the backstory might be. . . . Thanks for visiting my blog! Sorry it's so outdated. :( Let's keep in touch!
ReplyDeleteDulci
Wow. That is weird. Is she stealing or does she forget she already went to Target today? I need to know why this girl is doing this!!!!!
ReplyDelete