Friday, June 8, 2007

it's been too long.

too long.

I'm not sure where to start. so I'll just let it all out. ready? go.

the job I spoke of in previous posts is no longer mine. it didn't work out. or so they say. and well, so I say. I was pissed and/or frustrated for a second, quickly got over it, completely agreed, praised God for relieving me of that burden, and had the most peaceful couple of days afterward (a day off with estate sales to visit with a friend, sit in coffee shops with friends, driving around town on sunny days, during the day, outside of an office...). I'm still bitter in part about why it didn't work. people-dynamics, mis-communications, etc. because logically it should have worked. I should have a salary and health insurance. but I was bored and stuck at a desk all day. and overall I see how God used it to show me that he is in control, that this was not a good fit and that's what it feels to not be in the right place. I have a better perspective on what I'm doing as a barista and why I'm still just at Starbucks. and it's awesome. it's a community I'm loving right now. good or bad. annoying or fun. it's about people. and coffee. but mostly people. just loving people. at Starbucks. and I have some freelance leads, so that's a good thing.

I moved this week. I live in a new place. a newish townhouse with Mandy. Melody will live with us in August. we have an upstairs. a downstairs. and basement. for movies. and friend-gatherings. there is a patio. and a front step where we can put potted flowers and maybe some lavender. but lavender likes sun, doesn't it? maybe it will go in the back. and a garage that we will trade off using. I have my own bathroom until Melody moves in, which is a luxury I haven't had in several years. the laundry's upstairs. and it's quiet. so quiet. I have slept so well these last few nights. mmmm. and we have a whole cupboard full of coffee mugs. does life get better?

I need to get rid of some of my junk. I have a million magazines. and books. and it's all sitting in Melody's room. thank you for not moving in until August. perhaps I will sell things online or give things away or donate things or trash things?

until then: know that life is good. I'm still here. I have an amazing peace about the job-situation, for now. which is odd for me. but good. and I'm excited for a fresh start in my new place!

1 comment:

  1. Allison, it is your long lost friend Amanda who just got the idea to check your blog because I was on Scott's blog. I was wondering what you are up to. You moved!? Now I will need that address! I saved your blog address on my facebook, so I will check it more. I should call you sometime...I think I returned your call...so it's really your turn!

    ReplyDelete