slapped
in my last post I alluded to being slapped in the face. it's an odd story. one of those convictions or clarifying moments that I tend to neglect to share here. but I have them. and when I don't read too terribly much into them, they're wonderful. I went out to dinner with some girls from work, and it was terribly fun. I love those girls. and I can't share too much without violating privacy, but since they're coworkers you can trust we talked about any and (d) all of the above topics: work, people, boys, work, girls, drinking, eating, clothing, and work. oh, and throw some religion in there just for kicks. the night ended with such great conversations and trust that I can't believe I get to be friends with these people. and I left, some 5 hours later (come on, we're girls. we talk.) feeling as though God slapped me and said this is why you're here. you get to love these girls. not an ouch that hurt sort of slap. but perhaps more of a shove of encouragement in the right direction. because if we backup a couple weeks, I was at Zuma Beach in Malibu daydreaming and plotting ways to move to LA all the while I knew it didn't feel quite right. and that evening with those girls was enough confirmation to keep on making lattes. for now... and trust that I'll be okay.
i think of you a lot at work, because you are so positive about working at starbucks and i've been frustrated lately. and then i got a little slap myself while preparing for children's ministry and reading hebrews 13:5. be content. and i was and i had such a great open.
ReplyDelete13.5 is a great reminder. that's part of why I was/am so content with sbux. I know I'll have what I need. but last friday's paycheck makes me wonder how well it touches reality... like, will it be enough to provide for expenses, rent, AND somehow still pay for drake?
ReplyDelete