Tuesday, November 13, 2007

resume day

4.55: wake up, shower, etc
5.45: clock in, make lattes, smile at lots of people in their cars
7.04: quick break. eat some of mom's banana bread and a short white mocha
12.00: enjoy a grande soy -3 pump each- pumpkin spice chai while checking email, etc.
12.30: change from latte-making clothes into jeans and a real shirt with buttons and everything (read: not fleece pants, I'm attempting to be in work-at-home mode)
12.45: revise/redesign resume, read friends' resumes for ideas, etc. etc. etc. eek.
2.36: freak out momentarily by the thought of how much designing I haven't yet done in my career
2.39: realize I have plenty of experience to offer, it's just different than my classmates' and happens to currently involve things like making lattes and odd freelance work for nonprofits instead of photostyling interesting things, designing wayfinding systems in large buildings, or perfecting layouts for major consumer magazines
3.00 sit down with oprah to see nate's beautiful homes & eat some taco soup for an entertaining/inspiring lunch break of sorts
3.59: promptly back to resume revisions
4.15: ponder why I downloaded a resume guide designed in comic sans, take advice for what it's worth: simplify

*currently: 5.12: break from resume (feeling good about it thus far), moving on temporarily to find a few files on my old emac to put in my portfolio online

*coming up:
6.30: yoga class. mmm.
7.45: dinner
8.00: rescanning last week's mistakes
8.30: revamping, reorganizing online portfolio. resize files. add folders. descriptions.
9.30: finalize resume (I hope?)

near future: email design friends for critical opinions

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Soon you can wear Deb for some extra inspiration while doing designery things. =)

    ae

    ReplyDelete