design for hire
In the past couple weeks I've updated my resume and online portfolio a bit, and applied for several jobs that I'm excited about. One is in town. Wait. I lied. Two are in town. Two are elsewhere, and one is only a lead, but it is also elsewhere.
I sent Steve and Stanley, my starbucks partner friends, an email that read something like this hey would you guys mind passing the cheer... I mean, my resume, along to a few other partners? you see, I think that while they have influence on design intern selections, other people probably actually make the decisions. previous emails have also led me to believe this is true. perhaps the cheer comment, a reference to the current holiday promotion, is way too cheesy? too late. hopefully it speaks of my cleverness and/or my cheesy-dry sense of humor. and hopefully neither makes me look too bad. *oh, seattle: how my skin would love thy humidity.
Wyoming: NOLS is looking for a designer/publications assistant. I think they seem pretty freaking awesome. and while they're approximately 120 miles from a starbucks store {yes, I looked it up}, I think it could be a very cool experience. *my skin would probably hate Wyoming. send moisturizer.
jobs in town: one is at an admin/design position at a church that I don't attend but a lot of my friends do... and the other is a paid internship with the olympics (big here in COS). yes, an internship. I'm over it already and they haven't even considered me yet. so you should get over it and accept the fact that I have a few years of professional experience, two related college degrees, and I'm applying for internships as well as jobs. If it's good experience, I don't really care what my title is.
the lead: a potential job in Des Moines. oh dear city. I've been reading so much about it lately with the Iowa caucuses. it's so funny to read about hotels candidates are staying at and the familiar restaurants where they meet reporters....
and there's always Denver. Crystal says "come live with me!" why not? my lease here will be up before you know it.
in other news. we got sugar-free mocha in today at work. c r a z y. erin and I decided we are going to boycott splenda and be the only people with working digestisve systems when we're 60. that is, if I don't become diabetic by the time I'm 30. with my current sugar consumption I'm well on my way...
other news. part two. I'm looking at flights to TN for new years. random. semi-last minute fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment