services/needs
I joined an email listserv in my new town. I'm loving it's randomness.
Here's a message I just got:
Just show up with your services or needs. On every other Saturday starting on March 1 people from all walks of life will start to gather at the City Park in Lander. If you bring firewood, jewelry, books, or whatever come prepared to take what you need and give something in return. Hopefully there will be booths of some kind that will offer bicycle repair, clothing repair, knitting workshops, guitar tuning/playing workshops, and any other ideas people have. If you have a full size bed frame or an entire computer there will be someone who will need that item. No money will change hands and nobody will be ashamed about being in need, nor will anyone haggle over the comparative worth of items or services. Contrary to government ordinances, no fee is paid for the use of this public space, nor is anyone 'in charge.' This is a social institution.
I think that you are moving to Stars Hollow. For sure. I can't wait to see what it is like, we will come visit!
ReplyDeleteae