10 things
1> I am currently sitting at a coffee shop, where the girl behind the counter asked me by name if I wanted room in my americano. yes. please. she is from ND and we bonded over being new to town, living in ND, and knowing people from Williston. Then I sat next to coworker Amy who is a social networking engineer and/or highly skilled bus driver. She is also designing a website with corrupted fonts. mmm. sounds like fun. I have learned that Amy laughs out loud when people say funny things to her on ichat.
2> I am also currently bidding on two different cameras on ebay. One is a Polaroid. another is a Holga. either or both would be great to have. I have yet to fix my little digi nikon, and it's in Colorado, which does me no good in Wyoming. hopefully I'll be shooting and processing or scanning prints & posting some online to share. I know ya'll want to see pics of Lander. and I apologize for not providing such services. go check the geographic feature at flickr though: that's what I did before moving here.
3> House-sitting, while wonderful, is wearing me out. I want my own place. GenPink reminded me of such longings recently. A friend in town is probably buying a place and one idea.... is that I can slip into her old place (an affordable for one person two bedroom apt) when she moves out. I think I'd like that very much.
4> Cara's birthday was yesterday, so Joanne made strawberry shortcake and we had the seemingly-usual beer in the office at 4pm on Friday. Then there was happy hour at the Lander Bar and over to Asian Cuisine for dinner. Joanne's 30th birthday was last weekend and involved boarding up her office with a large cardboard sign that we had everyone sign, as well as dinner and margaritas at the only mexican restaurant in town, and then pool at the B&B,* which isn't as much of a dive as I was originally led to believe. the next day, Cara presented a delicious brunch. mmmm. *nostalgic moment :: some of these small establishments tend to remind me of design camp and the northwoods lounge at the lodge on gull lake in northern minnesota with teddy bear karaoke productions and respectable graphic designers singing terrible renditions of copa-cabana...
5> In light of recent birthdays, coworker Meredith and I decided we need to have a conception party (interpret at-will) in April for those of us with December birthdays.
6> Trace Bundy had a dvd release party in Ft Collins last night. I would have liked to go. Perhaps he should just come visit Lander and play for us here instead?
7> This afternoon, I stopped in a few stores here on main street while semi-looking for a cheap camera (hence the decision to look for one online). I ended up at Hello, the House which is a sweet little home store with dishes that match the whole set at my current housesitting gig. A nice lady there welcomed me to town and said that there are not camera shops in town and that the pawn shop next door that is only open M-F might have some but that it was probably not likely.
8> I'm enjoying my PO Box. If you haven't sent me a postcard yet, you're missing out. I mean, who doesn't want to be in my postcard collection? (po box 333, lander, wy 82520)
9> We had a Wellness Day this week at NOLS, which means a bunch of us packed into a couple buses, drove for a few hours to go skiing for the day instead of working. I believe this will make anyone feel well. Perhaps we should do this every other week? I rented some tele-skis (for free!) but used them as downhill skis because it's been something like 5 years since I've been skiing. It's pathetic. I know. I'm from CO and I am not proficient at any particular outdoor winter sport.
10> We publications girls are taking a trip to Jackson, WY at the end of the month for a press check. ooo: A Jackson in Jackson. It'll be Cara's last day. Which will make me sad because I won't be able to turn around and ask her NOLS-designy questions anymore.
ps* I opened my newest copy of RELEVANT to find mr Trace featured! too cool.
ReplyDelete