Saturday, March 1, 2008

address!

I'm even comfortable posting it online> because it's a PO Box.
Send me some snail mail:

PO Box 333
Lander, WY 82520

I think some clydesdale horses just rode down the street. clop. clop. clop. weird?

anyway: I'm out of the dormy hotel. for now at least. Just as I met some people there--but it's so nice to have more personal space as I get acquainted here. last night some interns invited me to make dinner with them in our hostel-ish end of the hall kitchen. it was so nice. turns out they were all my hallway neighbors... until the house sitting gig worked out today:: I'm still walking distance from lots of things. good. there's a BOSE stereo. good. there's wireless internet and the password was on the counter. very good. the homeowner even called me today to let me know where to turn the water heater on! awesome. ((dear readers: do you guys have any thank-you suggestions? I was thinking about leaving something at the end of the week.))

this morning I met up with Joanne and Nadine and Rob to go to a cross country ski race. Joanne made breakfast and I brought coffee. Nadine invited me to her church tomorrow- I knew I'd have to go church shopping but was clueless of where to start. yay jesus. I met a ton of people at the race, which was awesome. There were even a few other transplant-types who were new to town. We decided we'll have to connect in the future. I find people like to say welcome and offer words of advice if I say things like oh I just moved here. yeah, on thursday. Overall, there was a sense of community at the race that wasn't totally unlike the attitudes we encounter at snowmass for Benton's mountainboard competitions. There were kids playing in the snow, parents pulling toddlers on sleds behind their skis, and everyone knew most of everyone else. I was one of only a few people who walked in to the race's starting point, but it was fine because there were plenty of us who didn't race. instead we cheered. I got several "where are your skate skis?" comments. I've never even seen this before, people. I have to observe and then I will try. It does look fun though. the winner was my coworker Riley. he was something like 10 minutes in front of anyone else. ridiculous. he gave up the word like for lent and likes to wear shirts with his name printed on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment