Saturday, July 25, 2009

wellness day

Our publications team took a much-needed wellness day yesterday.

This looked like: coffee and breakfast sandwiches at Wildflour Bakery, followed by rock climbing at Wild Iris all day. I've only been out climbing a few times this summer, so I felt pretty weak out there. But it was great to get out, enjoy my publications teammates, enjoy the rock, and work on my footwork. strong toes. strong toes. trust little holds. you're on top rope. you're fine...

Here are some photos from the day:

the group: me, Pearson, Joanne, and Rachel. Rachel's our publications intern, we brought Pearson along (PR/Mkg intern) as a 4th to balance us out. She'll be writing for us more this fall.

Fearless Ms. P.

I took a bullet belaying Joanne! She was leading Claim Jumper. Super tricky moves up there. I caught her just fine, but ended up with my foot in a bush, later to discover an inch long, .25" wide stick through my shoe! It narrowly missed my foot by millimeters! Straight through the bottom of my shoe, and out the side.

Christi's friend Adam (5' 10") helped us clip a few tricky draws.

Rachel with her spankin' new pretty blue shoes.

Our fearless leader Joanne, up close and personal. "Are you really taking a picture of me this close?!" hehe. I love it though.

The Iris, at the end of the day. Wild views out there.

Red Canyon, a gorgeous section of the drive home.
****
Now, I'm off to visit Pioneer Days briefly with a few friends, and then to work on a Saturday. Somewhat lame. BUT it should only be a few hours today, and I'm excited to be there with no other distractions to be able to focus on all these images for the 2010 catalog. We're sending it all to press on Monday, so at some point I don't mind. I'm so excited to get it all finished!

On the note of working over the weekend: My friend Elizabeth Saunders has some advice. We're going to talk in the next few days (perhaps post-catalog) about a Schedule Makeover! It sounds somewhat silly, but necessary (people need house-makeovers and look-makeovers, but a schedule makeover? yeah. me. hand raised.). I need some help balancing it all without getting burnt out. I'll be sure to report on how our conversation goes. Elizabeth's a friend from college, and I've always appreciated her wisdom. I'm excited to see how it plays out in this arena of scheduling and priorities.

Want to check out the 2009 catalog? Here's a link. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment