Wednesday, May 17, 2006

prayer

I was just in the kitchen here at work and one of my coworkers came in and said "Oh, I was JUST praying for you!" I asked what about, and she said she's praying for my walk with the Lord, and for my cynicism here at work. She said I can be pretty cynical and she knows God can help me to love my job here. Seriously though, I am pretty cynical. (a shocker, I know) I'm even cynical about God being able to help me love my job here. I mean, I would verbally say that I belive he can, but my actions, thoughts, and complaints say otherwise. My general thought process each day says it's up to me to be able to love it here and with so many barriers it won't happen. I appreciated her honesty and willingness to tell me that, and that she's praying for me.

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting how we can say that we believe something out loud, yet we don't have that belief inside us enough to change our words and actions. I think of the man in the Bible who said "Help my unbelief". It's a good little phrase to remember when times are hard. I'm glad you appreciated the honesty of her comment! That's tough to do when someone points out something they think should change in you. Good job!

    ReplyDelete