Monday, May 15, 2006

sad.

I learned this weekend that a science teacher at my high school died earlier this month. He hadn't worked there for a year and a half, and I didn't have him for class. He left during my little brother's senior year after he brought a gun to school and told a student about it. Something about alcohol, too. I don't know the whole story, but he was fired. So he was my brother's teacher for like 3 weeks. When I think of those incidences and the possible life circumstances that led up to it, the overarching themes seem to be sadness, confusion. I can't imagine being so alone, so hopeless. And yet, a google search proved fruitful with blogs and comments of appreciation. And my dad spoke of the innovative way he demonstrated sound waves on parent/teacher night. Deaths like that are always so confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment