Saturday, June 24, 2006

garth.

I finally got some solid garth brooks on my ipod. some of you are thinking ::WHY?!:: well. sometimes I just really like garth brooks, okay. he's grounding in almost the same way that my college friends are grounding. they take me back to a memory of who I used to be, who I still am, who I'm in the process of becoming. the kingston trio, the beach boys, garth brooks, and a few other country artists were the only thing we could agree on for family road trips back in the day, so I'm very familliar with, well, all of his songs. my brothers and I can sing along nicely with any of his songs--nicely, in the sense that we know the words not neccessarily that our voices are any good. so the other day I found a few garth cds, some mixes, etc. Friends in Low Places. Wild Horses. The Beaches of Cheyenne (by the way, I was @ that rodeo...). The Dance. Stading Outside the Fire. Unanswered Prayers. Blood is Thicker Than Water. Lonesome Dove. Papa Loved Mama. Thunder Rolls. The River. how can you not love this stuff?!

1 comment:

  1. yay for country. becca and i went to an all day country concert this weekend featuring jodee messina. it was an adventure to say the least.

    what's your last day at work?

    ReplyDelete