Tuesday, August 1, 2006

easy.

maybe this is naive of me, but I'm kind of glad that I can just trust companies like adobe and macromedia (er, well, I guess they're one in the same now...) to download and install programs like flash 9. I needed the update. so I went to the site. click. download. click. done. no messy figuring out where the file goes, or adjusting 10 settings before installing it. easy. and yet a little creepy becuase that means they can read certain things on my computer to know which version I need. they know I have a mac and that I'm running OSX. they can place the file in my plug-ins folder automatically. maybe it's not that complicated. but it feels like a small violation. and yet I don't mind it because it makes the process so easy. and I can continue my internet browsing without much interruption.

No comments:

Post a Comment