Monday, September 18, 2006

new radiant


The new issue of Radiant is here. And it's looking good. I'm not sure if I like it more because I helped with it (so I'm familiar with how it got to where it is), or because I can see that it's starting to form itself into a more established publication. Regardless, Anna did a great job. I'm very inspired by the 20 holiday gifts under $20, starting on page 35. I want them all. (Take that, DougJackandMe.) Inside tip: Tessa spent a whole day putting together the cardboard camera, item #15. I think everyone should read the article on article on page 10 "What not to say." It's about single/married gals and how to relate. ie. if you're married you should probably stop telling your single friends "oh, you'll find a man, God has someone picked out for you," etc. We know those statements may be true, and we hope they are. But it's less encouraging than annoying and discouraging when I hear those things. Besides, I like being single right now. So just because I am single, you shoudn't assume that I wish I weren't. I haven't read all of the articles yet, but most of the ones I have read have been good. FYI: The ad on page 9 features a background picture that I snapped while driving somewhere in Kentucky, on my way to Florida. It's dirtied up in the ad to correlate better with the book cover. And I still don't like subscribe ad girl on page 34. Yes, she's part of the Relevant audience, but I think we're missing the mark if she's the target audience... and that's another story involving Cameron calling me out when I disagreed at the retreat. This is after he thought I was Tessa. My church buddy's sister-in-law wrote the articles on pages 25 & 40. Oh and a not so exciting tid bit that I'm sure none of you care about, but I will tell you anyway:: I reset the tabs and added paragraph rules (lines) in the bind-in subscribe ad while I was updating it so that all the information elements of the subscribe postcard form would line up. It was gratifying, really. [pats herself on the back]

1 comment:

  1. hmmm, well, you're wrong because i totally care about that tidbit at the end. gratification, yes. nice tabbing.

    ReplyDelete