safest starbucks in town!
I'm still laughing at the fact that my coworkers at Starbucks this morning convinced customers and workers alike that we were now required to wear safety goggles while handling drinks. when I first got there, they were all so serious about it as they put on the green tinted chemistry lab goggles. my first thought? this will not work. I need a new job. I was then relieved that it was originally a ploy to tease one of our especially gullible girls, and I think she fell for it for a while. And then, because of our store's naturally wacky sense of humor, it grew into lengthy stories (hence the girl with the injury in omaha. I mean, wisconsin. wait: arkansas), multiple explanations and three hours of laughs. Then another girl came into work and she was actually explaining it to customers! yeah, it's a new safety regulation from corporate. they sent us 3 pairs of goggles because this girl in arkansas might be blind from some hot milk that shot into her eye. our city's now a test market to see how effectively the goggles will work to keep us all safe. everyone handling beverages has to wear them. the guys at the drive through even had them on, touting the fact that we're "the safest starbucks in town!" all morning, as they were overly-dramatically-cautious with handling money, drinks, and carefully opening and closing the window. one customer said can't you guys just sign a waver saying you won't sue? others called them birth control glasses. but most people knew that we just had to be joking. because it's not too far out of line for our store's humor.
something similar has happened in our store, but not to that extreme. the proverb goes in portland: the farther away you get from seattle the worse (or more lenient) the stores tend to be. maybe you guys just get to have my fun.
ReplyDelete