Sunday, July 22, 2007

writing on the wall

this recent post at blueprint makes me want to own a house! with flat walls that I can wallpaper. (these textured walls in my current rental just won't work.) I've always thought wallpaper was overly cheesy and terribly designed. but in recent years my eyes have been opened to the light of well-designed (or creatively created on your own) wallpaper. like anything else, there's the well-designed kind that should perhaps be more popular than it is, and the other kind: the horrible I can't believe you used that pattern (or for that matter, that someone designed it, someone approved it, someone printed it and still someone sold it). and for some reason, bathrooms seem to be a room that's open for a different kind of decoration. for instance, my friend crystal's parents have a christmas bathroom. it's always christmas just off the kitchen. green striped walls meet red hand towels and there are santa claus pictures and soaps and illustrated books like the night before christmas. now, if it were always christmas in their living room, I'd think it were weird. but a bathroom? you can totally do that in a bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment