benton in the paper
Benton was on the front page of the outdoor section in our local paper yesterday! I hijacked the day old copies this morning and pinned one to the bulletin board at work today. a girl's got to brag about her little brother. There's great pictures of Jason and Brandon in the air, in control of their boards... but the one of Benton? it's from the crash after he failed to land a 360 or something of the sort. maybe it was a backside 540. that sounds better. he blacked out for a second and woke up and asked Evan what just happened? family, friends, EMTs all looked on to make sure he walked away after a moment. later little bro says yeah I think I had a mild concussion. like it's normal. like he hasn't already had enough of those in his lifetime. the last time he competed at Snowmass resulted in an ambulance visit to the emergency room in Aspen. that was a real concussion. this reminds me: I haven't blogged about nationals & my gorgeous drive to Snowmass a few weeks ago. I should do that sometime. I'd post pictures if my camera weren't broken:: instead I suppose I can send you over to Melodie's set here.
No comments:
Post a Comment