insecurity and a new perspective
I have some new perspective on something that's been bothering me for a while—I've found that if I look at it spiritually, I'm more confident and have more peace about my responsibilities and possible outcomes. It seems silly that I've felt a need to control things, when sometimes I can't. It's an annoying roller coaster of inappropriate insecurity.
While insecurity in others usually drives me crazy (um, get over it), I'm completely blinded to the insecurities of others when I'm feeling vulnerable, nervous, insecure. All I can think about is my own insecurities and I forget that other people are just as insecure sometimes. If others are insecure but don't show obvious signs of it, and I'm feeling insecure, I assume there's no possible way that such a confident person could be unsure of themselves, ever. But we're all insecure sometimes. And we all hate to admit it, don't we?
Anyway: I'm tired. I worked a few extra hours than I was scheduled for today, so my feet are tired, and my brain is fried. Yoga was good, and now I'm going to sit in the hot tub with my dear friend Jenny and talk about life and work and jobs and boys and design and starbucks and magazines and friends and such.
No comments:
Post a Comment