Wednesday, November 21, 2007

come in. go away.

I finally started a christmas list. which is beneficial because it's also my birthday wish list. there are shoes and and magazine subscriptions and books and CDs and a typographical calendar—my family tends to like specific gift requests. and I'm learning that this is okay ... but within about an hour of putting this on the list, I decided to just go buy it myself.
Get it? {come in. go away.} I've been scouting out doormats for a while now... and it's really easy not to have a doormat. but I've decided that having one is more welcoming. and in the winter, it's practical for all sorts of reasons. and I've wanted this one for a while now. so why not?

in other news, I finished a holiday party invite for some friends today. they're printed and in red envelopes and everything. done. well, except for the delivery part. feels good though. the party's a soiree to be exact, and it should be wonderful. the only problem is that it's formal. and I'm not such a formal girl. this means I have to go buy a dress or something. hmmm. this has great potential to be fun, or completely awful and annoying...

2 comments:

  1. Allison, you are so good at hosting parties. What do the invites look like? Just FYI, you can find really cute & cheap dresses at Forever21, and I just recently got a really cheap dress at Target. So yeah. I love that doormat too! :) Good find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the doormat arrived!
    I'm loving it.

    @ jane: I will be sure to check at target & F-21...

    ReplyDelete