Tuesday, November 6, 2007

not calling

so there's a boy at starbucks that kari has as crush on. oh. sorry. is that confidential information? hello: we work at starbucks. there are crushworthy boys all the time. and non-crushworthy perhaps even more often. really? you're here again. quit being awkward. don't look at me.

so he comes by yesterday: half-calf grande vanilla mocha, with a venti as well, and sometimes a chocolate donut. kari's being friendly at the window, and I'm at the bar making drinks with my hat on because I haven't showered since the day before last, I woke up at 4.05, was at work by 4.15, and I'm paranoid that I still have yellow acrylic paint in my hair from halloween. this guy hasn't really caught my eye. he's friendly and nice, sure. always tips. etc. but he's just not really on my radar at all right now.

back it up this weekend to grande vanilla latte with a blueberry muffin and you may have peaked my interest.


and he's talking with kari and pauses. "can you do me a favor?" "sure." "see that girl behind you in the hat who's making drinks? can you give this to her?" he proceeds to hand her his business card. for me. she and sara turn, giggling and hand it to me while telling the story. "I think he likes you! you should call him!" awkward! she likes him and I've barley noticed him.

so I decided not to call him. is that rude? and/or weird next time I see him at work? I'm not really worked up about it, so perhaps it will pass like no big deal.

4 comments:

  1. awkward conversation from work:
    iced tall soy no whip mocha: actually i just got up from a nap.

    me: oh. are you groggy then?

    i.t.s.n.w.m.: no. i feel delicious. (pause) that's a nice pin. (referring to the cat pin on my collar.)

    me: (awkward silence while thinking, did he just say delicious?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I think you did the right thing. In my opinion, if he's a man worth having, he would actually ask you out, rather than expecting you to do the pursuing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um...allison...you should totally call him. You never know what could happen! Maybe he had some design work for you to do. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. DO THIS: Write your number on the back of his card and give it back to him. And, yes, you are doing a good friend deed, but being a "fiend" might get you a date. That's how I met Jorge - I took him some popcorn at a bar to talk to him for my bff who had a crush on him from afar, and now we're together and she could care less because it obviously wasn't meant to be.

    ReplyDelete