Sunday, March 16, 2008

calling all photographers

Dear faithful blog readers who rarely comment: do you have any camera-buying advice?

I need some fun camera advice. I want to buy an old polaroid or a holga or diane something rather, but I'm not sure where to start. Should I try the local thrift store and/or pawn shop, buy a newish one online, or what? I've done a bit of research online to figure out there are options for turning holgas into 35mm friendly cameras and options for adjusting different polaroid cameras to work better with less expensive polaroid film...

Just for the record, I might try to buy something fancier later this summer. You know, when I'm not paying rent in two states. Speaking of money, I have yet to get paid. People. I need to eat. But for now I want an easy basic camera that will provide interesting pics.

Words of wisdom gladly accepted.

4 comments:

  1. Well, polaroids are being discontinued. So, you'll have to stock up on film if you go that route.

    Otherwise, I have no other advise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. get a polaroid at a thrift store and if you find a holga, jump on it. they're fun to use with 35mm film because it exposes on the sprockets. they're especially fun if you have darkroom access. also check out lomographs. freestylephoto.biz is a pretty good place to start looking. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo thanks girls.
    I found a few options when I was in CO this weekend :: one's an instamatic. I'll have to see if there's any antiquated film out there for it... otherwise I may just buy a holga online... they do seem fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. check out the camera page at neighborhoodies.com

    ReplyDelete