debt.
I just took a sharpie and wrote this on the front of my credit card. and my debit card. and set it as my desktop background.
after reading Dave Ramsey's article in the most recent issue of relevant, this phrase hit me. and I don't want to forget it.
(sidenote on other notes to myself: written on a little piece of paper on my bathroom mirror is the phrase "the power that made the body heals the body" as a reminder that god wants to heal my whiplash)
my new year's resolution is to get, understand, and follow a budget. along with that is to get on track to being debt-free, which at this point will take a lot. student loans, credit card, and now a car loan to top it off.
*ps. the new issue of relevant has a great article on obama, too. haven't read much of the rest yet. still digesting.
YESSSS.
ReplyDeleteGood word Allison. Valeen and I are exactly 12 months into our debt repayment plan/budget.
It is tough. But it works. Our debt is going down the crapper, and it's never coming back.
[[we're Dave Ramsyites all the way]]
I thought that article was EXCELLENT; hopefully they'll post it on the website eventually. Good job with your resolution! Some blogs you might enjoy:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/
http://www.savvysugar.com/
thanks for the debt-support, guys :)
ReplyDelete@ anonymous, thanks for those links!