am/pm
I woke up today just before 5am. enough time to shower, get ready, eat something, and be at work in time to get something to drink before clocking in at 5.45am. right? that is, unless I'm really supposed to be there at 5.45pm. this of course means that I was approximately 12 hours early for work today! ugh. that's annoying. instead of coming home and going straight to bed, I have: sipped my double tall half calf white mocha while eating kashi and yogurt and strawberries (I wonder if the extra fiber balances out the sugar...), checked email and such, caught up on a few things, thought about starting my taxes, and got caught up on a dozen blogs I like to read.
Yesterday, Melodie loaned me her CDs of Rob Bell reading Velvet Elvis and I'm almost done with the first one. Sometimes it's more fun to listen than read. So far, I love that he's saying we need to constantly revisit and reevaluate how we live out our beliefs, and what exactly we believe. While God doesn't change, our interpretations of Him do in relation to cultural shifts in our society. ie. generational differences.
Last night I wondered how many encouraging conversations have happened in the parking lot at the church where we have BSF. I feel like whenever there's nicer weather (ie. in the fall as we get started, and in the spring as we're finishing up) I end up carrying a conversation out of the church, into the parking lot, and sometimes half an hour later end up finally driving away. Last night it was my discussion leader from last year (we studied Genesis all year), and we were talking about life-direction-job sorts of things. She quit her job recently and it's very cool to hear about her decision and timing and how God's providing. I remember her encouraging me to take the internship last spring (or at least encouraging me in what I'd decided), and this year she's excited about what I feel like I may be coming up. She says sometimes there are things that God asks us to do, but then He says wait, not yet and other times it's you better go now and still others it's you know what you're supposed to do, but I'll redeem your mistakes anyway. And still other times it's not very clear one way or another and we have to make decisions and trust that it'll be okay if we go into it knowing God's still at work in our lives and those around us through those situations.
This weekend we were saying Merry Christmas Easter Bunny. And it's cloudy again today. AND ohmygosh. I just looked outside. It's snowing like mad. I thought today would be a sunny day? I think my bed's calling me.
No comments:
Post a Comment