Tuesday, November 6, 2007

halloween

eeek. so I was an ocean breeze candle in the wind for halloween.




... it started when Erin called me at 7.45 am to say that I she was going to be partly cloudy with a chance of rain and that I should be a candle. put your hair up with elmers glue, dye it, wear a solid color, and scent yourself with something that coordinates with the color. sounded easy enough. right? I had some ocean breeze room spray, and a while back my roommates and I cleaned out our closets and had this massive give away/trade clothes afternoon and I scored some pretty awesome blue corduroy pants. ocean breeze + blue pants + blue sweater = awesome. next: hair. I put elmers glue in my hair. it was awesome. but I don't think I was as patient with it as I could have been... so that's where the candle in the wind came in. and the giant sunglasses? well, those would be an oh-so-clever reference to elton john. (so clever, in fact, that you probably won't get it unless I tell you.) the yellow flame came in when my last-minute hair dye job came from a tube of acrylic paint. no kidding: I bought it at the Art Store for Painting I. alas: it was a fun evening with old friends & new friends. like my new friend Allison, a kindred designy spirit who also loves things like Helvetica and hates things like Papyrus. besides, her name is Allison. we will definitely be friends. thanks Gwen!

1 comment:

  1. this is one of the most creative costumes i've seen in a long time! love it. we need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete